Cincinnati, OH – The Iowa Heartlanders, proud ECHL affiliate of the Minnesota Wild and Iowa Wild, start their first three-in-three of the season Friday at the Cincinnati Cyclones. The Heartlanders are coming off a record-breaking November; Iowa won eight games, matching the most wins the team has ever had in a month. Iowa’s November points percentage (.750) was the best in team history. The Heartlanders went 8-2-1-1.
Entering December, Iowa is 8-5-2-1, the best record the team has had through the opening two months of a regular season. Each of Iowa’s first two seasons, the squad had four wins entering December.
The Heartlanders are continuing a team-record ten-game road trip this weekend with games at Cincinnati Friday and Toledo Saturday and Sunday. Friday is the fifth game of a ten-game road trip.
Cincinnati has won eight of 12 games and went 7-3-0-0 in November. The Cyclones play Iowa Friday and Fort Wayne Saturday.
Iowa is next at home Dec. 15-17 vs. Toledo.
Get tickets for Heartlanders Home games: Iowaheartlanders.com/tickets
Game Day Guide:
6:20 PM: FloHockey broadcast and audio broadcast starts.
6:35 PM: Puck Drop
Watch on FloHockey https://flosports.link/3tVsLmd
Listen on Mixlr mixlr.com/goheartlanders
Need to know
- The Heartlanders had a team-record nine-game points streak (8-0-0-1) snapped in the team’s last game Sunday at Wheeling.
- Iowa has six players with at least ten points this season, led by Davis Koch’ 15.
- Thirteen of Iowa’s 16 games have been tied or within a goal in the third period.
Affiliates: Iowa Heartlanders (Minnesota Wild/Iowa Wild) | Cincinnati Cyclones (New York Rangers/Hartford Wolf Pack)
Re-writing the record books in November
- Tied for longest winning streak in team history (7 straight wins)
- Set record for longest points streak in team history (9)
- Currently riding longest home wining streak ever (6)
- Peyton Jones won six games in November (6-2-1-1 record), the most by a Heartlanders goaltender ever
- Davis Koch scored nine goals and 14 points in November, the third-best goal scoring month in club history (Kris Bennett, 10g in Feb. 2022 and 11g in Mar. 2022)
A streak that started after Cincinnati
After back-to-back losses at Cincinnati Nov. 3-4, the Heartlanders were without a win at 0-4-2-0. Four days later, the Heartlanders started a seven-game winning streak, tied for the longest in team history.
Iowa’s run began with three straight wins against Kalamazoo and three straight vs. Utah, the first two times ever the Heartlanders swept an opponent in three straight games at Xtream Arena. Iowa followed that up with a Wednesday win against Kalamazoo last week, coming from behind in the final seven minutes of the third to earn a point on Thanksgiving in Fort Wayne, and by thumping Wheeling, 6-2, Saturday at Wesbanco Arena.
Since Nov. 4, Iowa sports a +12 goal differential (30-18) and is allowing 1.8 goals per game over that span.
Road trip mileage update
The Heartlanders are in the second weekend of the team’s franchise record ten-game road trip. So far, the club is about 1900 miles through an expected 3400-mile journey. After Friday’s game, Iowa travels to Toledo, adding another 200 miles to the trip.
The Heartlanders visit Toledo Saturday at 6:15 p.m. and rematch the Walleye Sunday at 4:15 p.m.
Rose Club Memberships & Tickets Now Available For 2023-24 Season
Rose Club Season Ticket Memberships, Partial Plans, Mini-Plans, Flex Tickets and Single-Game Tickets are now available for the 2023-24 season, the Heartlanders’ third in the ECHL. Call 319-569-GOAL or visit iowaheartlanders.com/tickets for more information.